KINDLE LENDING POLICY AND PROCEDURE
The Library Board of Trustees has approved lending Kindles to holders of adult borrower’s cards (not web-only) in good standing. Kindles will be lent for two weeks with no renewals. The late fee will be $2 a day. Kindles should not be returned in the bookdrop. Reserves will remain on the hold shelf two business days after notification by phone.
Current practice will be to synch all three Kindles to the same content. At some future time, we may have Kindles dedicated to genre or age group content, but not now. Collection development will currently be geared to best sellers and high demand items.
Kindles will have their own Itype and collection code. Each Kindle will be barcoded and attached to a bib record which will include their serial number and price.
Kindles will be circulated in a plastic bag containing the Kindle in a case, along with a cable and plug, and printed instructions. All will be marked for library ownership, as well as with a no bookdrop return sticker.
- Make sure customer is holder of an adult borrower’s card in good standing.
- Make sure Kindle, case, cable with plug and instructions are in the plastic bag.
- Show customers who are first time borrowers the basics of using the Kindle, including these steps: on and off; go to HOME and page through titles; select a title; hit MENU; select Cover; return to home and show Kindle Borrower Agreement; let customer try each step.
- Make a visual inspection of all parts to see if they are returned in good condition.
- Turn Kindle on, go to HOME and check all buttons for proper working order.
- Charge Kindle at Circulation Dept. station.
- Lock in assigned drawer when not in use or checked out.